Building on the accomplishments of others
Solar Developers and Financiers with 500kW and larger shovel-ready projects can rely on Solar Nation to get the projects done. With our financial strength, vertical integration, and project experience, Solar Nation has all the internal capabilities necessary to plan, design, build, upgrade, expand, modernize, optimize, operate, and maintain solar infrastructure, all while creating local jobs and utilizing American-made components.
Solar Nation has everything you need to get the job done
- Financial stability
- Project experience
- Vertical integration
- A-Z turnkey services. Ability to handle any or all facets of entire process.
- Purchasing power; vendor relationships with bankable, high quality products. Willingness to handle procurement of all or portions of the solar components needed.
- Enterprise resource planning system, providing information and control throughout the process
- Quick turnaround on project development and construction deliverables
- In-house artists – industry’s best conceptuals
- In-house engineering – Stamp our own drawings
- Transparent pricing
- Efficient, in-house installation capabilities, providing best value in the industry
- 100% on time and on budget performance
- Handle all permitting, zoning, incentive reservation
- Ability to handle multiple large projects concurrently
- Willingness to act as general or sub contractor on projects
- Performance driven payment schedules
- Customer interface – Professional presentations
- Jointly originate sales efforts in specific markets
Design & Engineering
Solar Nation’s design and engineering capabilities are the best in the industry. Our solar analysts work hand in hand with our in-house architectural, mechanical, structural, and electrical engineers and our in-house installers to design systems that will meet system owner, host, and off-taker needs and provide cost-effective, worry-free service for years to come.
- Design Services
Each project is financially modeled by a solar analyst. A joint Engineering/Installation team meets with the customer, conducts a detailed site survey, and determines the best system configuration. The Engineering Division completes preliminary engineering and prepares detailed 3D-conceptual renderings of the solar solution. Solar analysts update financial models and prepare detailed system-performance projections based on local solar radiance data.
- Engineering Services
Upon the completion of preliminary engineering and the signing of an engineer, procure, and construct (EPC) contract, our certified electrical, structural, and mechanical engineers work with Solar Nation’s Procurement and Installation divisions to prepare complete, cost-effective, fully-integrated plan sets, on time, stamped, ready for permitting and construction.
Solar Nation has the purchasing power to get the best components from the best manufacturers, at the best price. Our procurement specialists work hand in hand with our engineers and suppliers and with our operations and installation teams to get the material that is needed, when it is needed, and at the right price. These combined purchasing efficiencies allow Solar Nation’s installers to work without disruption and to deliver the best possible turnkey solutions at the best price.
Construction & Installation
Solar Nation’s installation teams are built for action and handle everything from initial permitting to final inspection and commissioning, ensuring that projects are completed on-time, on-budget, and without disruption. A Solar Nation on-site representative is there every step of the way, making sure each project goes as planned.
Monitoring, Service & Maintenance
Solar Nation provides affordable long-term monitoring, service and maintenance support to keep solar-electric systems providing worry-free peak performance for years to come. From cleaning, to scanning, to inspections, to monitoring and periodic reporting, Solar Nation provides the full range of services your clients need to meet their energy, sustainability, and financial objectives.
If a project host is not interested in owning, operating, or maintaining a system; if they simply cannot place the cost of the system on their balance sheet; or if they are not a tax-paying entity that can take advantage of incentives, Solar Nation can provide a third-party ownership solution that will allow a qualified host to have a solar-electric system installed, with no investment. And once the system is installed, the host will be able to buy discounted renewable energy under terms of a long-term power purchase agreement.
To qualify for a power purchase agreement, a host must meet the following requirements:
- A well-established business with a strong balance sheet and a credit rating of BBB or better
- Minimum of 50,000 sq. ft. available for installation of a solar array
- Power consumption of at least 30,000 kWh per month
- Ownership of building or lease greater than 10 years
Solar Nation does roof assessments as part of its initial site surveys. If a roof is in good shape, Solar Nation will work with the manufacturer to ensure that the existing warranty can be maintained, and in many cases, will identify ways to have the warranty extended. If a roof needs repair, or if it is near the end of its warranty, Solar Nation will provide an assessment and recommendations.
Solar Nation provides the following roofing-related value-added services:
- Relationships with major roofing manufacturers
- Relationships with established roofing contractors
- Liaison with roofing contractors to reduce cost and minimize disruption
- Purchasing power to drive cost down